Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 28 Day 1

So yesterday and today have been really good days. I almost feel a little guilty for my leisurely day yesterday. I had an amazing massage which I fell asleep during and proceeded to drool all over the massage therapist's pillow....whoops. Then I went to tea time and had tea and banana bread. We all got to tell our stories and I realized how wonderfully boring and normal (if there truly is such a thing) Andy and I are. When some of the women spoke I truly thought I was listening to a lifetime movie! Andy got to join the group at the end and he loaded up on the bread; he was quite cute.

Today I participated in Arts & Crafts time and was lucky to have my friend Jennifer visit me at that time and participate too. We made St Patty's day boxes. I painted my purple and green and did not follow the "less is more" philosophy. I decorated my box with ribbon, shamrocks, and bedazzle it. I am truly an accountant because my artistic ability is minimum. Jennifer was gracious enough to take the box home to her daughter Alana; I figured if anyone would appreciate my gaudiness it would be an adorable 4 year old.

I am surprisingly finding things to fill my time and make the day pass. I am going to start doing some work and was able to change my cpa review classes to online at my own convenience starting in May (we will see if that will work out). I am still trying to take things one day at a time and accept that I may not be able to do everything and do it exactly the way I planned. I am finding that I am excited about what the future holds and how it will all map out.

I still need to register so I will try to do that tomorrow. Andy is in charge of getting Olivia's room ready while I am gone which I am surprisingly not worried about. I know that if she is born too early she will not be coming home right away but I would like to get as much done now as possible so I don't feel stressed once I do get home.

Things are definitely different from what I had planned but I truly believe they are going to turn out okay. The stats the doc gave me today are so much better and continue to get better each day. Olivia has the stubbornness and strength of Andy's family and mine so hopefully she will fight to stay in there for several weeks to come. No matter what happens, I am so proud of my little girl and I love her more than I ever thought I would.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Registry! I forgot!

    If you want to do it Sunday, I can come by for a bit, I'm sure. Or definitely Tuesday.

    I gave Alanna both boxes, and she graciously gave the one I made to Maya, while clinging to yours and waxed rhapsodic: "it's purple and green. IT'S PURPLE AND GREEN!"

    So you made her very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete